|Emma koolaman designs sterling silver hand stamped pendant and large ball chain|
Maybe I’m just a bit jaded because I have never really been spoilt and romantically doted on by my Valentine, on February 14th , any year. One year I hit the jackpot with a fishing rod which was very practical, I admit, but not convinced it counts as romantic though. Anyway, I have to acknowledge, he’d be dammed if he did and dammed if he didn’t. If I received some sort of frilly lacy red love heart matching set of lingerie, I think I’d cringe. I would probably be more red with embarrassment, than my new ensemble itself, at thought of him going to a shop and asking for assistance to buy me this type of gift. I can picture an over enthusiastic shop assistant trying really hard to paint a picture of me, in order to choose the right outfit, by bombarding him with questions about my favourite colour, style, padding, lace, skimpiness etc etc. My Valentine would be stumbling his way through and eventually come up with an answer about me which I would not even know. I can only imagine too, just how hideously itchy some of those lacy pieces must be anyway, hence my distinct lack of colour and briefness in my boring black and white underwear selection.
|Millie Sterling Silver hand stamped pendant and chain|
If he doesn’t get me a gift, I’d probably casually mention in a conversation that one of my friends had received a Valentine’s Day gift. I’d then wait for the reply, which is true to an extent and a thought echoed by me in the first place “but you told me you don’t believe in these type of things anyway”. It's complicated isn't it!. But nice words and to be appreciated is all I need.
But it leads me to thinking, surely I’m not the only one who could be so complicated, am I? There must be hundreds of you out there who have been excited about a pending romantic Valentine’s Day only to stumble at the final hurdle. I’m not suggesting for a minute that any of us are ungrateful and it is the thought that counts, but everybody must have a romantic experience that is tinged with such badness it is actually hilarious. Think of romantic experiences that you can look back on now, which still gives you a shiver, but you are thankful it did go bad and you didn’t end up dating that person again. Perhaps you realised at that moment if this is the worst it can be, it can only get better from here so you persevered and ending up marrying that person.
Whatever the scenario, whether it be a romantic date or better still related to an outing on Valentine’s Day, we want to hear your stories on the Most Unromantic Dates or Gifts you have ever Received. You can be rewarded for your efforts with a set of Sterling Silver personalised TESS EARRINGS (valued at $59) and in true Valentine Spirit, a heart shaped sterling silver personalised EMMA PENDANT and large ball 45cm chain (valued at $155). You need to be quick though, this competition is short and sweet, with Valentine’s Day nearing you will need to get active with your responses and head to our Facebook Page to share your story. The most romantic panel of Judges from the koolaman designs team will be keen to read all your entries and the most hideous hilarious entry will take home the reward.
Until then, happy Valentine’s Day and don’t forget for all things koolaman designs keep in touch via our Website, Facebook, Blog, Twitter and Pintrest Pages. We’d hate for you to miss out on our latest news.
Terms and Conditions for the koolaman designs Valentine's Day Competition Giveaway:
1. Instructions on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this promotion will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
2. One entry per person per weekly competition.
3. To enter, simply head to our FACEBOOK PAGE, like us and leave a post telling us your story on the Most Unromantic Date or Gift you have ever Received.
4. Include your email address or a link to your website/blog where we can comment or find your email address.
5. This competition is open to entrants in NZ and AUS.
6. This competition is hosted by koolaman designs via our online blog http://koolamandesigns.blogspot.com.au
7. The prize consists of a Sterling Silver TESS EARRINGS & EMMA PENDANT with 45cm LARGE BALL CHAIN & Postage ($229). Prize is valued in Australian dollars
8. Prize is not redeemable for cash nor transferable.
9. Competition opens 11am Thursday 14 February 2013 and closes midnight Tuesday February 19 2013 AEST.
10. This competition is a game of skill and the winner will be based on the most interesting comment as judged by the koolaman designs team, chance plays no part in determining the winners. The winner will notified by email and via a post on koolaman designs blog on Thursday February 21 2013.
11. Winners in this competition agree that their identity may be disclosed in winner announcements and promotional material.All entries become the property of the koolaman designs.
12. Entries not completed in accordance with the rules and conditions or received after the closing date will not be considered. Illegible or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The judge’s decision in relation to all aspects of this competition is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.